Tuesday, 18 March 2014

My thoughts so far

Hi everyone I am happy with the company I have been given as it is an Australian Company. Although I don't know a lot about the industry in which it operates, at least because it is Australian I do have some background knowledge of the state of our economy & general business challenges - you know the general stuff you hear on the news etc. I see other students have been given non-Australian companies and so they'd be dealing with the different currencies & trading conditions, like you have all mentioned above.

My company differs to many as at this point in time it doesn't have currency conversion challenges, although it does look like it may face these challenges as it expands its market overseas.
My company develops Waste Management Systems. As my company is still in the project phase of these developments, it has not been 'trading' like a normal business. It's main source of income has been Research & Development Incentive grants from the government.

I agree with many others that I'm not struggling with any of our course subject matter as yet, but more with the time involved being across all the social media interaction, peerwise, weekly study guide and the assignments. Obviously there is a lot I don't understand when I read everyone's annual reports, but I think a lot of the content is beyond this course.

Slowely I'm getting around to check out everyone's blogs and company reports. I'm aiming to post my top three by the end of the week as well as finalising my KCQ's.

My Blog is the best place to start checking out my company as I have now made a few posts with links to all it's information.  I'm doing it all through my blog to keep everything in one place and use it as a blueprint for the assignment.

Cheers
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment